Don’t act like you weren’t expecting this. You know how I love me a list.
So, as I march into my late-20s, I want to:
1) Get married!
2) Go to Phillies spring training in Clearwater.
3) Learn to drive stick. My younger cousin tried to teach me once. It wasn’t pretty. I don’t think I’ll be able to convince him to give me another shot.
4) Make my own creme brulee. (I already own the blowtorch!)
5) Run Boston (which will also mean fundraising, because try as I might, I’m not qualifying).
6) Stop talking about doing more yoga and actually DO more yoga. Let’s aim for once a week.
7) Read more. Last year I set the bar at 10 books, and finished 18. So let’s go for 30 this year. With my new Kindle Fire I’m unstoppable!
8 ) Try a new recipe every other week.
9) Travel somewhere new, even if it’s a neighborhood in DC I’ve never been to before. Though I would like to branch out a little more than that.
10) Create a bucket list. I’m honestly not sure why I haven’t done that yet.
11) Learn to fear the ocean less.
12) Eat dimsum. It just sounds fun.
13) Get involved with the youth program at church. For all the work I do with camp, you’d think I could do a little more locally.
14) Visit the Statue of Liberty. I was sick the day of the middle school class trip and I’ve never made up for it. Maybe we could even throw Ellis Island on there for good measure!
15) Replace my computer. My trusty MacBook is 5 1/2 years old and the hard drive has crashed twice. It’s time.
16) Host a seder.
17) Learn to make challah from scratch. (Do you notice the trend of food goals?)
18) Visit at least one new state.
19) Finish all the “thank you” notes within 2 months of the wedding.
20) Set a new half marathon PR.
21) Take a bike ride out to Mount Vernon.
22) See all the Oscar nominations for Best Picture (before the Oscars).
23) Get involved in international volunteer work.
24) Volunteer at a race.
25) Explore my career options. (Yes, this is intentionally vague.)
26) Give blood. (Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you have to wait a year after getting a tattoo, so I should be eligible in May 2013.)
27) Set a new 10k PR.
I suppose this list could be summed up in three words: food, running, travel.
And I see nothing wrong with that.