I was tagged the other week, by the lovely Grammarphile at RED PEN, INC, to list six random things about myself. I’ve been meaning to write it, I have, I’m just such an awesome procrastinator that I never got around to it.
1) Let’s start with the nerd alert: I do, at least, one crossword puzzle (and one sudoku) every day. Before I was gainfully employed, I used to do three or four every morning. I like to think it helps build my vocabulary, but I don’t often talk about things like osiers (some willows) or acetylene (welding gas). Maybe that’s just me.
2) My uncle gave me a 22-pound tool kit from Black & Decker for my high school graduation, and I’ll use any excuse to get it out. (I’m the only girl I know who has her own power drill.) Part of the reason I don’t like buying furniture from Ikea is that it’s a) too easy to put together, and b) they provide you with the tools. Where’s the fun in that?
3) I’ve always wanted to ride on the back of a motorcycle. I don’t want to drive one, I just want to ride.
4) Trashy romance novels are my guilty pleasure. Not only are they entertaining in their ridiculousness (every plot, and I use that term loosely, is essentially the same – and each couple gets married in the end), but I get a little dork thrill when I spot typos and other such errors (which is often).
5) I feel naked when I’m not wearing my watch and my necklace.
6) You know the expression, “one fell swoop”? When I was growing up, my parents used to say “one swell foop,” just for kicks. I didn’t know that was wrong until high school, and I still have to check myself any time I say it, lest I embarrass myself. (Stay tuned for more fun “lies” my parents told me, later this week.)
**On another note, now that baseball season’s over (again, yay Phillies!!), I can focus on my Eagles. Although, to be honest, it looks like they could use a little help…