I have to say, it was a lot harder coming back to work today, after a long weekend at the lake, than it was coming back after camp.
I know, I know – my life is so hard. Feel bad for me.
In any case, these past few days were filled with much needed relaxation, as well as a few key observations.
1. It is easy to shock people by telling them you’ve never seen the Price is Right. (However, after seeing it this weekend, for the first time ever, I wish I’d watched when Bob Barker was still on. Not a fan of Drew Carey.)
2. Men will be sneaky and devious in order to gain control of the TV remote. (To be fair, I already knew this, but it’s worth repeating.)
3. I’m not the only adult who knows all the lyrics to Aladdin. And will sing along when it’s on TV.
4. I am, however, the only one who would lobby for leaving the country music station on in the car.
5. I will get competitive at anything: Trivial Pursuit, mini-golf, skee-ball…even Big Buck Hunter. Stupid cows getting in the way.
6. And speaking of Trivial Pursuit, let me give you a tip when playing the 90s Edition. On yellow questions (Wired/Technology/etc.): 90% of the time, the answer is Apple. On any golf question, just answer Tiger Woods.
7. It’s practically impossible to spend all day on a boat without saying/singing “I’m on a boat!” numerous times. Try it and get back to me.