I feel as though I am behind in the Christmas holiday spirit department. I posted yesterday about my procrastination in buying the Secret Santa gift. (Thank you all for your ideas, by the way. Absolutely phenomenal.) But that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- I haven’t bought any advent calendars this year, and we’re halfway through the season. Last year, I had one for home and one for the office. And one that I gave away. You know, to spread the seasonal cheer.
- I haven’t set up my nativity scenes. I have two, one from Mama, which resembles a pop-up book, and the other that I bought back in February, from a little market in Buenos Aires. But have I set that beautifully-crafted, hand-painted, complete-with-livestock crèche out on display yet? No, of course not.
- I haven’t made my traditional Christmas cookies – shortbread, lace cookies, and meringues. (Or the gingerbread train that I bought the other week.)
- I haven’t put any other decorations up in my apartment.
- I’ve only been listening to Christmas music while I’m in the shower!
- And I haven’t even begun to shop for my family and friends. (Which will probably result in this again.)
Something is just not right. It’s not that I’m anti the holidays this year; I just feel like I’m too busy and they’re coming too fast, and there’s still so much to do.
Is it just me? Or is December going by a lot faster than expected?