1) Go to Phillies spring training. Done. Fun part of a jam-packed Florida trip.
2) Run more. I’d like to aim for once a week, or at least more frequently than I run now…which is never. Not even close.
3) Run a race with the jogging stroller (with N in it, obviously). What’s even further than “not even close”?
4) Finally clean out my closet. Meh. Kind of. I keep a donation bag going, but I’m not great about scheduling donation pick-ups.
5) Lose the last of the baby weight. I actually did this, thanks to the Whole30. I managed to lose close to 15 pounds, total. 6) Come to terms that even if/when I do lose it all, my old clothes still might not fit the same way. Yes. Very true, and sadly understandable.
7) Take N to a water park this summer. Win for him, win for me. We’ve taken him to an indoor pool, with fun kid stuff. Does that count?
8) Get my bike tuned up. Hahaha.
9) Bike to work (or rather, to either the park and ride or the metro) on a semi-regular basis. See #8.
10) Keep my new flowers alive, as I pretend that I know how to garden now. We’ll chalk this up to a failed experiment.
11) Go camping. Maybe next year.
12) Finally go to the driving range. Done. With only minor injuries.
13) Go back to yoga/find a studio that I like close to home. Nope.
14) Take N to Citizens Bank Park. He’s been to Dodger Stadium – it’s only fair that I’m represented as well. Not yet.
15) When I say, “We should do…,” actually do it. This is mostly about house projects. Getting better.
16) Give blood. It’s been over a year since my last tattoo, yet I haven’t done this in a very long time. Didn’t make it.
17) Read 30 books. The last time I made one of these lists, I beat 30 books by a long shot. But, kind of like running, I read a lot less now. So 30 is probably a good bar. Plus, it fits with the theme. This, I did. I actually managed to read 59 between last birthday and this one. Success. 18) Learn how to put up drywall. Kind of. I learned how to do it, and what needs to be done. And I also learned that it’s a hell of a lot easier to hire someone to do it, because that shit is heavy. 19) Learn how to lay flooring. Yes! This was surprisingly fun (though exhausting).
20) Make a more concerted effort to get my 10,000 steps each day. Yes and no. I did a health challenge at work, during which I was great about getting my steps. Otherwise, I’m lucky to get close to 7,000.
21) Organize the garage. It will probably always be a work in progress, but, yes. I organized and cleaned and put things where I wanted them. And it stayed that way for about a month.
22) Practice my Spanish. Sporadically.
23) Visit a new state. Yes! We went to Oregon for G’s wedding, which was lovely. 24) Visit some churches a little closer to home. Not only did I visit, but I joined a new one. The drive into the city every Sunday morning was just not making my life any easier. 25) Intentionally vague career goal. Success!
26) Be better about staying connected to friends in the city. Not quite a success, but I’m working on it.
27) Go to an amusement park. Check! We went to Disneyworld as part of our jam-packed Florida trip. I’m pretty sure N enjoyed himself, but you’d never know it by the look on his face in most of the photos.
28) Be on time. I used to be so punctual. Now I’m perpetually 10 minutes late. Sadly, this might be the new normal.
29) Blog more. Hahahahahahahahahaha.
30) Leave the country (and come back). We did this. We went to Argentina to introduce N to his great-grandma. She loved it; he loved it; we loved it. Wonderful trip.
13/30. That’s abysmal.
It’s either a sign that I should stop making lists, or that I should set the bar lower. And I’m sure it couldn’t possibly be the list thing.
This page has the following sub pages.